Crown Courts (South East region)
St Albans Crown Court
Southend Crown Court
Reading Crown Court
Peterborough Combined Court
Oxford Combined Court Centre
Norwich Combined Court
Maidstone Combined Court
Luton Crown Court
Lewes Combined Court Centre
Kings Lynn Crown Court
Ipswich Crown Court Guildford
Crown Court Chichester
Combined Court Chelmsford
Crown Court Canterbury
Combined Court Cambridge
Crown Court Basildon Combined
Court Aylesbury Crown Court
Amersham Law Courts
For Crown Courts, order transcripts through eScribers’s online portal or manually order
1. Download and complete the EX107 form in full*
Complete all required sections (please contact us with any questions). If the transcript is required urgently, please indicate this on the EX107 form. To ensure the efficient processing of your order, follow these Guidance Notes provided by the Ministry of Justice.
2. Send in the completed form*
For Crown courts, send the EX107 form to eScribers by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or post: eScribers, Central Court, 25 Southampton Buildings, London, WC2A 1AL
3. Receive pricing estimate
We will contact you as soon as possible to provide a cost estimate (deposit) based on the length of the proceeding.
4. Make the payment
Payment of the full amount estimated (deposit) is required prior to the commencement of transcript production, unless you are an Account Customer. Payment can be easily made by credit/debit card or BACS transfer. To make a debit/credit card payment, please call us on +44 (0)3301 005223.
5. Receive transcript
Your transcript will either be sent to you, or the Court, ie where there is a requirement for approval before it is released to you, by close of business via your supplied (or approved) email address within our agreed turnaround time. If you have requested the transcript be provided to you by post, this will be in addition to the turnaround time, and there will be a Royal Mail Special Delivery charge applied to your final invoice.
*If you are experiencing issues viewing or downloading the EX107 form, please make sure you are opening the PDF in the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. If you don’t have the latest version, you can download this from the Adobe website.
A few things to note:
- In the absence of any indication of times, we shall estimate a full day of proceedings. The final cost of the transcript will not be known until the transcript is produced. If the times are greater than those indicated, you also agree to be responsible for those costs once you pay the deposit or, for Account Customers, agree to proceed, and d) we do not provide specific estimates or take instructions over the telephone. Whilst we are happy to talk to you about your request, any instruction must be confirmed by you in writing (including email). Estimates will also be sent to you in writing.
- Turnaround time commences from when we receive both the deposit and suitable audio. If paying by cheque, turnaround may not commence until the cheque has cleared through our bank. The Court is required to approve some transcripts (and all Judgments) before they can be released to you. The time taken for the approvals process is beyond our control, but we will work with you to expedite this process as much as possible.
- Once payment and the appropriate audio (and any necessary court permissions) are received, our specialist team will start the transcribing process immediately. If there are any issues, one of our team members will contact you for a resolution. Please note that any issues relating to locating the correct audio, or poor audio quality, may result in the turnaround time being extended.
- Final charges will be invoiced to you shortly after delivery of the transcript(s). For non-Account Customers, the final invoice will show any outstanding payment required from you, any refund due to you, or a zero balance. If a refund is due to you, this will be made to the original payment method. If your original payment was by BACS or Cheque, please provide us with your BACS details, so that we may process the refund. Outstanding balances are due within seven (7) days of invoice.